Appleby (Isle of Man) LLC is pleased to announce the promotion of Michelle Hotchkiss and Kyle Sutherland to Counsel.
Michelle Hotchkiss is a member of Appleby’s corporate and commercial department in the Isle of Man, having joined the firm in 2002. She has experience in a broad range of corporate and commercial matters arising in the corporate finance, banking and asset finance, insurance and financial services sectors. Michelle acts for many international financial institutions, law firms, insurance companies and corporate service providers, advising on a full range of the key and complex legal issues that affect both their own businesses and those of their clients.
Kyle Sutherland is a member of Appleby’s corporate and commercial department in the Isle of Man, joining in August 2010. He is qualified to advise on both the laws of the British Virgin Islands and Isle of Man, and specialises in a broad range of banking and finance and corporate and commercial disciplines in those jurisdictions, ranging from joint venture work, restructurings, mergers and acquisitions, asset finance transactions, private placement and listing work.
Nick Verardi, Appleby Isle of Man Partner and local Corporate and Commercial Practice Group Head commented: “These are well deserved promotions for key members of our team. The experience and professionalism of both Michelle and Kyle has always been highly valued by the team here in the Isle of Man and I am delighted this has been recognised at Group level.”
“Corporate & Commercial is one of our core legal service lines and these promotions are testament to the continuing strength of this practice. They also reinforce our position as the leading law firm in the Isle of Man.”
Appleby Group Chairman, Frances Woo, added: “These promotions come at an exciting time in our development when we are focused on our international growth, greater depth of our teams and maintenance of our presence as one of the leading offshore legal and fiduciary groups.”
The announcement follows a number of recent appointments and promotions by the Appleby Group, including:
· Jeremy Berchem, a member of the corporate and commercial team in Guernsey.
· James Bodi, a member of the banking and asset finance team within the corporate and commercial practice in Bermuda.
· Andrew Willins, a barrister, and Appleby’s Practice Group Head of the litigation and insolvency department in the British Virgin Islands (BVI).
· Marc Guillaume, a member of the private client and trusts team in Jersey.
· Nadia Menezes, a member of the corporate and commercial practice group in the BVI.
· Matthew Wrigley is a member of the corporate and commercial team in Guersey.