The 0845 Ben-my-Chree sailing is currently unable to berth in Heysham. Because of fog more severe and prolonged than that forecast, visibility is less than that permitted by Heysham harbour regulations to allow safe berthing. The vessel will remain there until 3.30pm but if there is no improvement she will have to then return to Douglas.
The forecast is that fog may continue to be a problem for the rest of the day. However, there will be a sailing this evening and passengers should check in at 8pm. However, passengers should be aware there is a possibility of a similar scenario, where berthing may again not be possible in Heysham, and should adjust their travel arrangements accordingly. There is currently no option to divert the sailing to Liverpool as visibility there is also very poor.