Submitting content to Isle News
1. By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with Isle News you agree to grant to Isle News, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) for Isle News services in any media worldwide (including on the Isle News websites accessed by international users). In certain circumstance Isle News may also share your contribution with trusted third parties*.
2. Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
3. In order that Isle News can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe Isle of Man law, that you have the right to give Isle News permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under 16.
4. Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating content you may share with Isle News.
5. If you do not want to grant Isle News the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to or with Isle News or any associated website.
Use of Isle News
6. The views expressed are the views of third parties and unless specifically stated are not those of Isle News. Isle News is not responsible for any content posted by members of the public on any of the Isle News websites or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through Isle News. Any links to third party websites from Isle News do not amount to any endorsement of that site by Isle News and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
7. Isle News does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by Isle News is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of Isle News for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
8. Isle News shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of Isle News regardless of the form of action.
9. Isle News does not warrant that functions available on Isle News will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that Isle News or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.